42 x 29.7cm (A3)
59.4 x 42cm (A2)
84.1 x 59.4cm (A1)
7 years after my sister’s passing, on a trip to Croatia, I finally found peace.
On the back of a ferry boat in the Adriatic sea, under the radiant blue sky, away from civilisation, I had the clearest image of my sister and a sudden moment of euphoria. In this one moment, I laid her to rest in my mind! Was it a coincidence that this happened the week that, unbeknown to me, my son was conceived?
Simplicity and an idyllic blue hide the depths of emotion that inspired ‘Rebirth’.
Initially, this canvas was a beautiful unfinished scene of my sister playing near a beach as a child. I could never quite find the serenity required to finish it. As soon as my son was born, I remembered the moment in Croatia and painted him over the original canvas.
He was the perfect tribute to my sister. He came to replace my grief, and now this piece recreates the vibrancy I felt in the Adriatic sea.
Whilst life finds new meaning; our experiences are always within us. This piece represents a beautiful beginning of energy we can discover, however old we are.
- High quality limited edition Giclée Print on Hahnemühle Photo Rag 308 gsm paper.
- Each print is limited to 20-50 depending on size.
- Personally signed and numbered.
- Deano Hewitts Certificate of authenticity.
- Frames not included.
- To protect the handling of the Giclée print, all editions have a slim white border.
Art is shipped in a maximum of 10 days, usually much sooner!
Your print may differ slightly from the images shown due to variations in printing. Mounts and frames are not included. Your print will be shipped rolled.
All images contained on this website are the copyrighted property of Deano Hewitts. All rights reserved.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.